Finding healthy ways to manage our stress throughout the day is a top-of-mind goal for many us at Bigelow Tea as it might be for you as well. Is there a solution that helps when feeling overwhelmed? There are many, so let’s dig into the topic together.
Let’s begin by taking a look at how soothing and relaxing a cup of green or black tea can be. Did you know that both teas contain L-theanine? Research suggests that L-theanine produces a sense of relaxation by directly stimulating the production of alpha brain waves. In basic terms: it’s a state of feeling calm!
Our friends from Naturally Savvy shared recently:
According to the CDC, stress is a reaction to a situation where a person feels threatened or anxious. Even if stress seems unavoidable, it is often manageable. Techniques that can help reduce stress and its related health risks include:
“in a study of nearly 9,700 adults, the authors found that those who drank at least three cups of green tea per week had a 21 percent lower prevalence of depression than their peers who did not drink the tea. A 2016 study found that participants who consumed 200 milligrams of L-theanine daily (that’s the amount found in eight cups of tea) showed lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol and were more relaxed after participating in stressful tasks than those who consumed a placebo.”
- Take care of yourself – eat healthy, exercise and get lots of rest.
- Find better ways to manage your time by making a schedule or to-do list.
- Change your perception on how to handle stress; be honest about what is working for you, and what’s not.
- Let go of the things we cannot change.
- Learn to say “no” when it’s appropriate.
- Give yourself a break if you feel overwhelmed.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up or ask for help when needed.
- Talk to others – a parent, friend, counselor or someone you trust.
- Unwind with a cup of tea!
- Bigelow Green Tea
- bigelow green tea caffeine
- Bigelow Tea
- Bigelow tea bags
- bigelow tea flavors
- Bigelow Tea Green Tea with Elderberry and Vitamin C
- blackberry citrus herbal tea
- caffeine free
- caffeine free tea
- good for you
- Green Tea
- healthy choices
- herbal tea
- immune support
- immune system
- Plants and herbs
- stress full day
- stress management
- tea bag
- Vitamin C