Are you looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite Bigelow teas? Why not try one or a combination of your favorite flavors as a refreshing glass of iced tea? At Bigelow Tea, a third-generation, family-owned company, our teas are made with premium, high-quality ingredients, to create good-for-you, unique flavors that can be enjoyed either hot or over ice.
Brewing your own iced tea has a number of benefits based on the green tea, black tea or herbal teas you are using. Additionally, making iced tea at home is less expensive and contains less sugar than most bottled beverages. Plus, studies show, iced tea contains polyphenols which like flavonoids can help the body to fight off free radicals which is a yes for healthy choices!
Here is how you can enjoy your much-loved Bigelow teas as a glass or pitcher of refreshing iced tea!
Step 1: It’s All About the Ingredients
- One teabag of your favorite Bigelow tea blend (Mint Medley Herbal Tea or Green Tea with Lemon are popular choices) or 4-6 tea bags for a pitcher
Tea Tip: If you are feeling even more adventurous, try mixing your favorite flavors together for a completely new blend (we recommend mixing English Teatime Black Tea with I Love Lemon plus Vitamin C Herbal Tea). With over 150 flavors, the options are limitless!
- 1 cup of boiling water, 8 cups for a pitcher
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (or sweetener of choice, both are optional), ½ cup for a pitcher
- Ice cubes
- Large glass or heat-proof pitcher
Step 2: Steep away!
- Pour the boiling water over the tea bag(s), leaving extra room for ice
Tea Tip: Add a spoon to the glass before pouring in the hot water, as recommended by third generation president and CEO, Cindi Bigelow, to capture incoming heat and prevent your glass from breaking.
- Steep for 3-5 minutes, or longer if looking for a bolder brew.
Step 3: Sweetener Options
- Add the sugar (or sweetener) if you wish and stir until it is completely dissolved
Tea Tip: Try adding some all-natural sweeteners like pureed peach and honey, like in our Minty Peachy Iced Tea recipe.
Step 4: Ice Is Important
- Let the tea cool for about 10 -15 minutes
- Fill the rest of the glass with iced cubes
Tea Tip: The next time you make iced tea, try freezing some in an ice cube tray. Then use ice tea cubes in place of regular ice cubes to keep iced tea cool, fresh and flavorful!
Step 5: Relax and Enjoy
- Garnish with a slice of lemon or a sprig of mint
- Kick back and savor every sip of your refreshing, homemade iced tea!
Now that you know how to make a delicious glass of iced tea using Bigelow Tea, you can make it anytime for a revitalizing and flavorful beverage. Don’t forget to include Bigelow Iced Tea at your next party or event with a pitcher of our classic iced tea, or try other recipes like Wild Blueberry with Acai Iced Tea, Blackberry Mint Iced Tea or Strawberry Iced Green Tea. Enjoy!