In Our Plants
Bigelow Tea is proud to be a "Zero
Waste to Landfill" company.
Through aggressive recycling, raw material reduction, reuse and
composting Bigelow Tea exceeded minimum requirements. Each of
Bigelow's plants diverts between 92 and 100% of solid waste.
- In our Fairfield facility, we've reduced our waste stream by
212 tons from 2007 to 2011. By reducing the overall waste
created, in conjunction with recycling, composting, and sending a
small percent of our waste to be converted to energy, we are now
sending NOTHING to landfill!
- Our Louisville plant reduced the amount of waste going to
landfill by 63%, dropping from 106 tons in 2009 to 39 tons in
2011. This goal was reached by recycling more waste streams
like stretch wrap and foil scrap and promoting employee education
to increase awareness about recycling.
- In our Boise facility, we reduced the waste sent to landfill by
740 tons from 2008 to 2011, and have eliminated an additional 25
tons in the first four months of 2012.
Boise plant,in 2012, has been recognized by DEQ for pollution
- Paper filter bags are bleach free and dioxin free
- Eliminated tea bag staples in 35% of tea bags. When tea bag
staples are used, they are made of non-toxic aluminum.
- Reduced our tea bag folding cartons by thickness by 15%.
- We've decreased the amount of shrink wrap we use to wrap our
pallets of tea boxes in all 3 of our warehouses by 54% (from 9.2
tons to 4.3 tons) by using other methods to keep pallets intact
such as large elastic bands.
In Our Offices
- We've reduced paper use in our offices by 8%, or 65,000 sheets
- Replaced 100% of our cleaning supplies with "green"
- We use recyclable toner cartridges.
- Using Multi Use Copiers in our offices. Read
- Reducing the amount of orders printed on paper in the Customer
Service Department. Read
Bigelow Tea reaches Zero-Waste-To-Landfill Goal in all
to Waste Reduction
© 2014 R.C. Bigelow, Inc.
To order by phone, call toll free: 1-888-BIGELOW (1-888-244-3569)
Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm (EST)