Meet Our Green Teams
Meet Our Green Teams
Boise ID Green Team
Boise "EIT" Green Team
Bigelow Tea Green teams continue to grow and expand as we
welcome our newest Employee Involvement Team (EIT) including Ken
Gerber, Terri Hamilton, Esther Fildes and Nancy Bostic who will
guide Bigelow Green efforts in the Boise Plant.
- Identify and implement green initiatives that achieve waste
reduction and energy savings; reducing overhead costs.
- Increase employee awareness and knowledge through training
programs and educational.
How We Are Accomplishing Our
- Added a new plastic recycling station in the lunch room in
addition to the cans and paper that are already recycled.
more. We are averaging about 2 garbage bags of plastic
per month while reducing overall daily garbage can usage from three
cans to one.
- The Boise Plant will conduct a minimum of one recycling drive
per trimester, possibly two.
- "Mixed Paper" Recycling drive in April 2010 to occur throughout
the year. Employees will be encouraged to bring in all recyclable
paper from home (excluding cardboard, phone books) on the day of
the event. All recyclable paper will be weighed and the employee
bringing in the most paper, by weight, will win a $25 gift card;
the 2nd place winner will receive 2 movie tickets.
- Next planned recycling drive will support Aluminum Can
- Planning to buy each employee are-useable water bottle to cut
down on plastic waste and will possibly implement this with our
Water Conservation presentation.
- The EIT Green team will be visiting Western Recycling
to get more information on their recycling processes, such as
recycling plastic wrap.
- Participate in the local "Idaho Power" Demand
Response Program This is a voluntary power reduction program
for businesses to reduce power during the summer
when power is in peak demand. The Plant will receive notification
for a need to reduce power and will assess and shut down our
equipment for 2 to 4 hours during peak hours. This program helps to
keep Idaho Power from having to build additional power
plants just to be able to meet the unusual demand spikes. By
managing the peak down, there is a substantial
Employee Awareness and Knowledge
- In November, 2009, Allied Waste visited our Boise
Plant and conducted a presentation on Recycling. It was very
educational, and provided excellent information on recycling at
home & work.
- Idaho Power to provide a presentation to all employees
on energy education and power conservation in the home and at
- United Water to provide a presentation on general
- During Earth Week had a paper shredding drive. Read
Back to Employee Commitment
© 2014 R.C. Bigelow, Inc.
To order by phone, call toll free: 1-888-BIGELOW (1-888-244-3569)
Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm (EST)